How Do I Buy Suppressors?

How Do I Buy Suppressors?

To own a Suppressor/Silencer here are some thing you should know…

  1. Must be 21 years old when purchasing from a dealer
  2. Typically, if you can buy an handgun, you can buy a silencer
  3. Must not have been convicted of a felony or pleaded guilty to domestic violence charge(s)
  4. Must be a United States Citizen

The following states allow civilian ownership of suppressor/silencers. AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY. If your state isn’t listed here, you will not be able to own a silencer. Washington State, we believe allows possession, but not the use of silencers.

The steps to suppressor/silencers ownership is simple and your dealer will walk you through the process each step of the way.

Locate a class III dealer in your state to handle your transfer.

Place your order through KR Sweet Shot by calling us at: 608.448.9309 ask for Robert

Pick up your pre-filled ATF Form 4 packet, from your dealer.

Complete your ATF Form 4 packet, which will require:
a $200 check payable to the ATF for your Transfer Tax Stamp
a trip to your local Sheriff’s office or CLEO to have him sign the forms and do fingerprint cards. (If your suppressor is owned by your Trust* or Corporation, you will skip this step)

Attach a passport portrait onto the form. (If your suppressor is owned by your Trust or Corporation, you will skip this step)

Mail your form 4 packet to the ATF. Allow a minimum of one month (4-6 month Average) for processing w/ the ATF. Once the form 4 is approved, it will be sent back to your dealer and you can go pick up your Suppressor!



*If you are looking to set up a National Firearms Act (NFA) Trusts in Wisconsin you can contact Kubiak Law Office